Why Pastured Mangalitsa Pork?
It's the most flavorful pork you'll ever eat!
Both the meat itself and the fat marbled throughout have a delicious flavor. In fact, folks often refer to Mangalitsa as “olive oil on legs” or the “Kobe beef of pork.” We’re guessing that doesn’t sound half bad, right? Add in some serious nutrient density, and you’ve got yourself a powerhouse protein. Plus, because of the high flavor content, you don’t need nearly as much seasoning. Here at Chickadee Hills Homestead, in fact, we frequently prepare pork with none at all. That’s right, not even salt. If that doesn’t tell you enough about the flavor, we don’t know what will!
Nutrient-Dense and Antibiotic-Free
Chickadee Hills Homestead believes wholeheartedly in producing healthful products. Mangalitsa pork definitely meets that standard, with high levels of vitamin D (second only to cod liver oil), vitamin E and selenium, all crucial for your health. These nutrients are responsible for a range of bodily duties, such as:
- Fighting damaging free radicals
- Slowing the aging process
- Protecting your delicate neurons
- Facilitating enzymatic processes, and even…
- Boosting your mood!
Score One for the Environment
At Chickadee Hills Homestead, we are proud purveyors of premium pork. Mangalitsa pigs have been called the “Kobe Beef of Pork” but it’s more than just tasty. We promise:
- Non-GMO feed
- No herbicides
- No pesticides
- No synthetic fertilizers
Our pigs are raised right here in Wisconsin, meaning your meat and lard comes from only a few miles away. Compare this to coconut or palm oil, grown on the other side of the world. You can slash your carbon footprint simply by subbing in our nutrient-rich lard instead.
Farm Retail Store Hours
Wednesday-Friday 1:00pm – 7:00pm
Saturday 2:00pm – 7:00pm
We are also at Spooner Farmer’s Market
Cuts available in limited quantities.
- Steak 1 1/4 inch cut $10.00/lb.
- Bone-in Chops $7.00/lb.
- Boneless Chops $8.00/lb.
- Shoulder Roast/Butt Roast $7.00/lb.
- Ribs $7.00/lb.
- Bacon (uncured, nitrite/nitrate free) $8.50/lb.
- Cured Bacon $7.00/lb.
- Smoked Hocks $5.25/lb.
- Fresh Hocks $5.25/lb.
- Pork Belly $5.25/lb.
- Ground Pork $6.00/lb.
- Jalapeño Cheddar Bratwurst $7.00/lb.
- Onion Leek Bratwurst $7.00/lb.
- Deli Ham Slices $6.00/lb.
- Bulk Breakfast Sausage $6.00/lb.
- Hot Italian Sausage $7.00/lb.
- Tenderloin $12.00/lb.
- Liver $4.00/lb.
- Soup Bones $3.50/lb.
- Ground Lard (frozen, ready to render) $2.50/lb.
- Rendered Lard $6.00/pint $10.00/quart
- Rosemary infused lard $5.00/half pint
- Basil infused lard $5.00/half pint